Saturday, April 15, 2006

Cleaning up the menu

I have not paid much attention to the menu items as I like keyboard more than mouse. Unfortunatelly, over the past few releases, the menu has grown a bit and was barely shaked up. I have found and received several criticisms about that and would like to put the menu right. At least a bit.

I have created Search menu and moved all Find, Replace and Look For (new second search feature) items there. The Edit menu is, however, still quite crowded. I am unsure about organizing it into sub menus, cos they prolonge mouse navigation. And I do not want to create too much top-level menus also.

Any ideas?

1 Comments:

At 18:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not 100% related, but i'm thinking of a toolbar replacement/simulation. I know you don't plan to implement regular toolbar and I understand why. But you could simulate one via a row of several (10+) buttons that the user can assign his most beloved functions. E.g. a Right-click on the button #1 gives a list of all commands in TNP so i can choose one for that button (like Total commander shortcut assignment, if you know this program). Thus, you won't have to worry about reorganizing the menu too much or too often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

TED Notepad, free replacement!